for a sustainable future
for a sustainable future
Caring for the environment and the human being is an integral part of the philosophy of FINOBETON S.A. The company assumes its corporate responsibility by fully complying its activities with the applicable environmental legislation.
For this purpose the company implements an environmental management system according to ISO 14001:2015 international standard.
Additionally, within 2023 FINOBETON S.A. proceeds with the installation of 2 photovoltaic plants with the aim of producing electricity from solar radiation, using net metering mechanism with HEDNO (Hellenic Electricity Distribution Network Operator S.A.).
With the operation of the photovoltaic plants, in addition to the reduction of energy costs, the company also implements its strategy for sustainable development by covering most of its energy needs from renewable energy sources.
In order to reduce its environmental footprint, FINOBETON S.A.:
- Has installed special filters in the storage and raw materials mixing areas, while at the same time preventing waste disposal to the environment through special recycling units and sedimentation tanks.
- Applies systems to reduce dust emissions from its activities, such as an automated vehicle and roads sprinkling system, as well as special covers for all aggregates carrying vehicles.
- Continuously invests in modern antifouling technology machinery applied to the production plant, and in Euro 6 emission rating category vehicles.
- Participates in the alternative management system of Excavation, Construction and Demolition Waste with an approved non-hazardous ECDW processing plant and a site of deposition of aggregates and residues from the processing of ECDW.
- Participates in the collective systems of HERRCO S.A. (Hellenic Recovery Recycling Corporation S.A.) and HRA (Hellenic Recycling Agency).
- Processes all materials in a specially designed closed space in order to avoid dust emission to the environment.
- Ensures that all raw materials of FINOMIX products conform to European standards and are environmentally friendly, while it uses recyclable packaging materials.
- Has implemented tree planting in the production plant, endeavouring at improving the aesthetics and adaptation to the surrounding area, as well as, in the area of its privately-owned marble quarry, aiming at their complete restoration and regeneration, contributing, this way, to the environmental sustainability.
The application of effective management systems and systemic control programs, the proper maintenance and renewal of fixed and mobile equipment, and the use of preventive measures and hygiene and safety rules, contribute to the protection of both the company’s workforce and the local communities in which it operates.
Contribution and care for the environment, concerns both the present and future generations, and for this reason, in the consumer’s mind, FINOBETON S.A. is one of the selected companies which apply the appropriate practices for the protection of the natural resources of our planet.